Welcome to the mix deconstruction of "Prophecy" by Julien Casel. This score-ish piece contains many of the elements you might fight find in modern film scores.
It features Strings, Brass, Woodwinds, Percussion and Choir.
Here's what you will get:
- Over 2h30 of video content.
- Insight on balancing, EQing and Dynamic EQ for orchestral instruments.
- Insight about reverbs (short reverbs, long reverbs, how to create depth).
- Various tips and tricks for mixing orchestral samples.
- Tips and tricks for panning and blending different libraries.
- Tips on using the latest plugins for orchestral mixing (Precedence, Gullfoss...).
- The full raw separated stem pack for this track.
- A bonus video that contains information on tonal balance (talking about orchestral versus other genres, general good practices, etc).
- The mastered file for reference.
Joël Dollié is a French Mixing and Mastering engineer whose work can be heard throughout the music and entertainment industry.
His talents have been utilized by companies including Ghostwriter Music, SPM Music Group, Sonic Symphony, and Cavalry Music, the elite cinematic trailer music production company whose credits include Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, It, Dunkirk, and Venom.
Joel's works also include productions by electronic media giants Ubisoft and Riot Games as well as major artists like Gryffin, Simon Khorolskiy, the Danube Symphony Orchestra or Award-Winning composer Layal Watfeh. Spitfire Audio's acclaimed BBC Symphony Orchestra sample library is showcased using demonstration tracks mixed and mastered by Joel.
Joel's passion for music production includes sharing his knowledge and skills to those striving to take their music production skills to the next level. His eBook - "Mixing Modern Orchestral Music" - provides an inside look at Joel's mixing concepts and methodologies and discusses modern techniques for processing contemporary orchestral and trailer-oriented music.
"Mixing Modern Orchestral Music" is available on Amazon.
For the same purpose of educating the novices, he also wrote a mixing course “Orchestral Music Mixing - Mastering Orchestral Post Production” which explores modern ways to mix orchestral and trailer music.
Here’s what Joël has to say about the course:
"My goal is to teach people how to mix and master modern orchestral music in a way that wows audiences. I intend to give them useful and up-to-date information which teaches them innovative techniques and approaches to the mixing process. After this course, expect your music to sound massive, and (with a bit of practice) be ready for Hollywood."